I used to think that collagen was only used to bring youth back to aging skin. Being in my twenties, I was far from worrying about how I aged. However, having attended the product launch of Shiseido Collagen, I realized how wrong I was.
Why is collagen important?
When regularly ingested, Shiseido Collagen can enhance beauty and health from head to toe, both inside and out. Dra. Anna Palabyab-Rufino, MD, FPDS explained to us the different benefits of collagen:
-Collagen moisturizes the skin, improves the complexion and aids in skin regeneration, including nail defect and hair damage.
-While it doesn’t protect from sun exposure, collagen helps with skin repair from sun damage.
-Collagen also reduces the risk of heart disease and arthritis, strengthening knees and joints.
Shiseido Collagen acts as a supplement rather than a replacement. Dra. also explained the concept of Collagen Banking. We all have the ability to produce collagen, which is usually depleted after the age of 40. One way to prepare for it would be to stock up on collagen by boosting its production at an earlier age.
What’s in Shiseido Collagen?
These are just some of the key components of Shiseido’s The Collagen:
- The Scandinavian Lingonberry promotes healthy, moist and glowing skin. It contains the plant chemical polyphenols, a power antioxidant that neutralizes the effects of the sun’s radiation. It also contains sterols, which reduce skin redness and sensitivity, have anti-inflammatory properties, and promote skin regeneration.
- Due to its high Vitamin C content and anti-oxidants, AMLA or Indian Gooseberry increases the production of collagen cells which tones and tightens the skin, diminishing wrinkles and fine lines. It also encourages the skin to exfoliate naturally, repairs damaged tissues, treats acne and pimples, lightens the complexion and reduces skin pigmentation.
- GABA contains Vitamin E and is known to treat anxiety and sleeplessness by promoting a healthy central nervous system. With regards to anti-wrinkles, GABA serves as an anti-contraction agent.
- Critical to collagen production, Elastin is made out of spiral filaments that form a network of fibrils. It has a long-lasting treatment for deep-set wrinkles.
- Chains of amino acids, Peptides are the building blocks of protein (collagen) within the skin. They function as moisture-binding agents and assist in skin repair.
How much and how often should we take Shiseido Collagen?
It is recommended to take a daily shot of Shiseido Collagen (or 1-2 tablets) on an empty stomach, like 2-3 hrs after a meal or right before bed.
Where can we find Shiseido Collagen?
Shiseido Collagen is available in Mercury Drug outlets, and soon in Watsons stores nationwide!
Collagen Drink (50ml) Bottle – Php 229.50
Collagen EX Drink (50ml) Bottle – Php 254.50
The Collagen Powder (126g) Pouch – Php 2,499.50
The Collagen Tablet (126 tabs) Bottle – Php 3,499.50
Collagen EX Tablet (120 tabs) Bottle – Php 6,799.50